Photographer, Animal, Nature, and Music Lover
Jay mostly photographs in the Tri-Cities area of Northeast Tennessee, but occasionally gets out to some of the surrounding areas in North Carolina and Virginia. He enjoys taking photos of events, lifestyle photos, urban landscape (pretty much anything, really), but his true passion is for nature, wildlife, wolves, and landscape photography, loving to get out and hike and bring back beautiful photos to show everyone!
Covers & Magazines
- Cover photo and 6-page article on raising wolf puppies in Nov./Dec. 2020 “Blue Ridge Country” Magazine. (writing and photos)
- Sept./Oct. 2010 “Cooking with Paula Dean” Magazine (festive fall shot of the Jonesborough Courthouse)
- Cover photo Sept. 2016, “Tennessee Wildlife” Magazine
- Cover photo 2020 Kingsport Livibility.com Magazine with an interior wolf photo
- 2019 Appalachian Mountain Photograph Contest Finalist (top 10) in Flora & Fauna category
- 3rd Place “Made in America” photo contest in Readers Digest, July 2014 issue
- Finalist in DPMag.com’s “Your Greatest Street Scene” photo contest.
- Lead Official Festival Photographer, National Storytelling Festival, 2013-2019
- Official Festival Photographer assisting Fresh Air Photo, National Storytelling Festival, 2010-2012
- Official Photographer Johnson City Jazz Festival 2017-2019
- An Official Photographer at the Blue Plum Festival in Johnson City, TN, 2011-2012
- Bays Mountain Park, 2015 Wolf Puppy Parent and official puppy photographer for three months of raising 3 wolf pups
- Bays Mountain Park, 2014 Wolf Puppy Parent and official puppy photographer for three months of raising 4 wolf pups
- Unofficial “official” Bays Mountain Park photographer. 🙂 You can see some of my photos on the herpitarium and raptor center displays and on the cover of their brochure card and various other displays. Items for sale in the Gift Shop!